Key Corporate Drivers
Enterprises at University of Pretoria Trust (E at UP) was established to maximise worth for the institution. The opportunities that exist in an expanded campus enterprise structure present themselves in three distinct categories:
- The provision of services through the establishment of new initiatives that may be easily rendered by virtue of the University’s stature, position and facilities.
- The utilisation of the University’s existing resources in the form of staff, students and physical resources (buildings, property and equipment) to enhance the establishment of new ventures to exploit the existing market.
- No Limits Pretoria (Pty) Ltd t/a Wannabee Clothing Store at UP
Wannabee supplies various brands of clothing and other merchandise to students, staff, academics, alumni and the general public.
- Bookmark at UP (Pty) Ltd (Book Store)
Bookmark not only supplies books required for an academic career but also leisure books, stationery, magazines and more to students, staff, academics and the general public.
- Tuks FM Trust (Tuks FM 107.2)
A licenced community youth radio station broadcasting to Tshwane and parts of Gauteng over a 100km radius, targeting a universal cosmopolitan audience under the age of 35.
- The commercialisation of intellectual property from research activities at the University of Pretoria into start-up companies where appropriate.
- INSiAVA (Pty) Ltd
INSiAVA was founded by the University of Pretoria to own and commercialise the intellectual property emanating from ongoing silicon photonics research.